Activities and Expected Results
- Specifications of technical conditions, environmental issues and health and safety aspects.
- Detailed design of each demonstrator: new processes, materials and equipment.
- Validation at laboratory scale of the pilots design and simulations, prior to the construction of the demonstrators.
- Development of the necessary technical documentation prior to the construction of the demonstrators.
- Construction of the three demonstrators. Test and validation of the new technologies.
- Monitoring of energy consumptions, GHG emissions, and product quality.
- Recommendations for new processes and equipment.
- New integral design of processes, materials and equipment for aluminium, Steel and iron demonstrators through simulation.
- New detailed concept and methodology for manufacturing processes in the metallurgical industry.
- Three furnaces prototypes to be tested including NIWE concept.
- Operation guides for the new processes and equipment.
- Definition of new production models.